Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I2004 over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

endlesswinter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2005
US
BCM 400 3.7

I2004 set in remote ofice over VPN. Phone has been up and running for months. The other night I pulled the power on the BCM to move to a new UPS and when I plugged the system back in everything loaded up but the remote i2004. Locally the ip sets works just not at this remote location. Any ideas.

Check the "default gateway" on the BCM, also known as next hop on primary link under Net Link Manager. If that looks OK, you may need to enter a static route on the BCM that points to the VPN device on the local LAN. For example, if the VPN device on the LAN is 192.168.1.2, and the remote VPN network is 192.168.2.0/24, you'll want to build a static route under LAN 1, with a destination network of 192.168.2.0, with a next hop of 192.168.1.2.

Thanks biv34. The first thing I checked was the gateway permanent wan (next hop on primary link)Do yopu think a static route will do? This had been working till I power cycled system!

I did some testing and I can ping the far end computer and they can ping computers on the BCM's network, but they can't ping the BCM. So it's appears to be something on the WAN side that the BCM is blocking.

A static route would probably do the trick. One hint for entering static routes - build your first static route as a garbage route (such as a destination of 172.16.8.0, or some other route that doesn't exist on your network). Build your second static route as the "actual" route you want to use. For some reason, the BCM's dump their first static route entry after a reboot, but don't dump anything other than the first. Doing this will keep this from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back