Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I would like to Send field name clicked to sub report

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcmanus

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
I have a report that groups on models and has a formula for each month. I have a subreport in the detail that has parameters for model and month. I would like to send field name clicked to sub report so that I can filter the data based on the "month column" chosen. Is this possible?

Month 1 Month 2 Month 3 Total Rank
Model 1 1% 3% 1% 1.6% 3
Model 2 2% 3% 1% 2% 2
Model 3 3% 3% 1% 2.3% 1
--------------------------------------
Total 2% 3% 1%
Rank 2 1 3
count > 2% 2 3 0
Rank > 1% 2 1 3

The reason I am not using a cross tab is that I also have complex ranking formulas for each column and row.

Thanks for anyones help.

Kevin McManus
kevin_mcmanus@ureach.com

Not that I know of, however you can have the users hit the refresh (lightning bolt) and enter a parameter within the subreport.

-k

I'm not clear how the subreport is working in your report. Is it displayed in the main report? Or are you using an on-demand subreport? The sample you gave looks like it's just the data in the main report, based on your description of your grouping.

And, how are you deploying the report?

Thanks for the replies. The hyperlink mentioned by Ken Hamady ended up being exactly what I needed. I made the names of the on-demand sub reports equal to null so they at like image maps over the numbers. The sub reports them selves are simple top 10 reports but had to parameterized by both the group and the column in the main report. I created one for each column in the report. Then in each on-demand sub report I link the value of the month parameter chosen by the user and know how many periods to move back based on which subreport link they clicked on.

Thanks for your help

Kevin McManus
kevin@mcmanusreporting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back