Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I WANT YTD,QTD IN BO REPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brha

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2001
US
How to arrive at YTD,QTD functions in BO reports? This is very urgent and can any one help me?

It all depends on the objects you have to work with, ideally your it dept would set up YTD, QTD and MTD measures for you so the report creator could just drag and drop. if this is not the case then you will have to create variable to compare the month name/numbers if its in the quarter then count the measure else count 0.

How to define the measures of YTD,QTD , Prior YTD and prior QTD and i need a detailed steps for this

Thanks in advance
Brha

In reporter, you can define new variables from the menu Data >> Variables and then use the functions available in BO to do what you want like:

Mth=Month(<Date>)
QTY=Quarter(<Date>) or =&quot;Q&quot;+FormatNumber(Quarter(<Date>),&quot;0&quot;)
YRS=Year(<Date>) or =&quot;Y&quot;+FormatNumber(Quarter(<Date>),&quot;0000&quot;)

If you want to create objects in the universe, then you have to find first what is the SQL syntax you can use from your database guide or/and your IT deptartment to insert them in the universe (See BobWard's post).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back