Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i want to use @prompt function in BO Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eswar75

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
hi,

I need to display records in between dates,suppose

Join Date Emp No Emp Name
========= ====== ========
06/07/2004 100 ABC
07/07/2004 200 DEF

here i want to display those two records between dates 06/07/04 and 07/07/2004 ,I am using @prompt function getting error.

How can i use @prompt function in BO designer or else in BO reporting

thank u in advance

Sample:
TRUNC(A_SALESCALL.CALLDATETIME) BETWEEN (@Prompt('Call Datum from','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,)) AND (@Prompt('Call Datum untill','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,))

that is not working,my database is DB2
so what should i do.........

i am getting this error

TIMESTAMP(@Prompt('Enter From Date','D',,,),'mm/dd/yyyy') )
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0180N The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is incorrect. SQLSTATE=22007
:-180

Hi Eswar,

Try this it should work for you...
Join_Date BETWEEN @Prompt('Call Datum from','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,) AND @Prompt('Call Datum untill','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,)

Keep Smiling,
Shoot

Hi Shoot,

unfortunatley that is not working i am using DB2 datebase,
it is giving error like Parse failed:the syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is incorrect.

give me some more

thank u

Hi Eswar,

I guess it is something with the syntax that you are using. If you could provide with an example how you are trying to use it, it would be helpful. I have a DB2 environment and the syntax works fine which is something like this..

@Select(Contact\Contact datum) BETWEEN @Prompt('Call Datum from','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,) AND @Prompt('Call Datum untill','D','Contact\Contact datum',mono,)

Keep Smiling,
Shoot

Hi Eswar,

Thing with Date-columns in AS400 DB2 is that these dates are often just Numeric values of 8 digits. Did you try to swap from D to N (or A because your error message is even refering to a string-value) in your @prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back