Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to use Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
Where can I go to download an legitimate older version of Dreamweaver instead of using the CC version for $19.99/month?

Lonnie Johnson
VP, Business Information Technology
KVC Health Systems

You can try second-hand sources (ebay, etc) but it is highly improbable that you will find a legitimate license that can be transferred to you.

Is there a reason why Dreamweaver appeals? There are so many other options to create/manage web content.

Thanks spamjim for responding so quickly. No, there really isn't a good reason. I used to do a lot of website development freelance some years back and that is what I used. I am picking it back up and figured I would go with what I know.

Can you recommend something that has a nice user developer interface? Are there any good free tools out there?

Thanks again for getting back with me.

Lonnie Johnson
VP, Business Information Technology
KVC Health Systems

I want to use Dreamweaver

The first thing that came to my mind on seeing "I want to use Dreamweaver " was;

Why???

anyhow;
Can you recommend something that has a nice user developer interface?

Define "nice user developer interface". Because 'nice' is a subjective term, and subjectively, I would not rate Dreamweaver as 'nice'.

Try Aptana Studio or Amaya

Though personally, I have no time for "Visual" editors and prefer to use Geany.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Falling under the category of free and having the same benefits/faults as Dreamweaver, I would recommend Microsoft Expression Web. It was recently discontinued as a commercial product and is now offered as a free download.

In addition to Chris' free suggestions, also consider , which can be freely extended with some WYSIWYG accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back