Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to open web links in a new w

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbie140

Technical User
Nov 11, 2002
GB
I want to open web links in a new window. Does aybody know how to do this in the standard web links or know of a web part that will do this?

There's a categorized web link part available from sharepointcode.com that, by default, opens web links in a new window. Or you can just modify the existing web part and specify "target=_new" in the link.

Where exactly do you enter this code for the webpart?

I'm going to ressurect this thread. I am looking for the exact same functionality & checked on the referenced sites. Both talked about using FrontPage (blech). On the wss.collutions site this site is referenced:
Seems to make more sense to me. I ran into the same problems as a few people seems to in that adding a link you have the Open in new window checkbox, but the target never makes it into hte final HTML page. I tried several variations (and noticed his instructions appear to place it in the wrong place). Anyone successfully use this modification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back