Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Want to Learn Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrylad

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hi

I want to start to learn how to use Progress v8 or 9. I am a computer science graduate and i want to learn Progress to give me a headstart. Could someone please direct me to any websites where i could start off as a beginner? I am in the UK and any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanking you

I hope you have PROGRESS tools with you. They are providing Electronic documentations in "Dyna text viewer" format and PDF format. You can start with the "Programming Hand Book" to start learning the 4GL syntax and then you can proceed towards the SmartObjects. PROGRESS s providing most of the information a programmer requires.

Also, try visit the following site to get samples
- Progress e-mail group, u can get help from the experts. I will later send you more.

Cheers,

Samantha Soysa
ss@kingslake.com

why learn progress?! I did it in sience class, but found it obsolite... My codes look like something a kid wrote
I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about
Somehow I still manage to make it work

A lot of up to date Progress documentation, including examples etc is now available online at:

The White Star and Que books were always well regarded, although the problem now is that Progress has spun off in a number of different directions and the books haven't kept pace.

The biggest problem with getting an in depth understanding of the language is knowing what you want to learn - with so many commands, methods of implementation, architectural models, etc, nobody seems to write the same way as anybody else...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back