Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to create an uneditable screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybee

Programmer
Sep 24, 2003
GB
I want to create an uneditable screen that on opening shows a list of clients (from records contained in access) when you click on one you can get more information. Would this be possible either in Access or HTML. Any other recommendations?

many thanks

Sam

Sam,

Very simple in Access, and very common. The way it's normally done is to create a form with a subform i datasheet view. This subform will have the allow additions and allow edits properties set to No. In the DoubleClick properties of each of the controls on the subform put a call to a function you write to open the editable form to the record clicked on.

It sounds like you may have some reading to do to get this all going. I would play around with the sample database that comes with Access and see what you can learn from there and then get yourself a book, maybe the Access Bible or something along those lines.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Access Databases for Non-Profit Organizations

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Sam,

I am currently doing this for my database. There is one that a specific group has edit authority to, and another IDENTICAL that has all the "FORM" properities set to NO:
Allow Edits = NO
Allow Deletions = NO
Allow Additions = NO
Data Entry = NO

These properities work on the basic form and are entered on the sub-forms if there are any.

Works Great!

Harry Jessen
HMJessen@Yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back