Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want to change the administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbagi

MIS
Aug 18, 2002
KW
I want to change the administrator password in windows 2000 active directory, how I'm a fraid about the impact on other service, can some one advise me on that.

Thanks

That should not be a problem, however some backup solutions, like older ArcServer, tend to have a username and password as admin, make sure you change those too.
Besides, just change it, test everything, if something fails, correct it or put the admin pwd back.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

you should check also if you have installed dome applications that run as service and you ordered them to run with the installation account and not some other as Local system account , it may cause that program not to run correctly .
check : exchange , sql , etc ...

Alex,
MCP 2000

a good first step would be opening up "services" and check for any that "log on" as administrator. These will need to be manually changed and restarted after a password change for that respective account.

probably not a bad idea to create some independant service accounts and not use "administrator" as much as possible.

Good luck.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back