Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want the default Display Settings back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhondaJC

Technical User
May 3, 2002
US
I have a user, who has managed to change a display setting, that has effected every user on this PC (Win2000 Pro). Whatever this user changed (she can't remember), it has caused windows in our Accounting Software package (run from FoxPro for Windows) to display incredibly small fonts and provide an unexpected ? symbol at the beginning of every line. I'd like to revert this PC back to the default display settings that were used when Windows was installed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rhonda

I've noticed that in some applications, that if the user has COPY/PASTED text into a field, whatever the formatting was for that copied text, is now the default for all text fields displayed. To see if this is the case, open word, and type in a few characters, change the font size to something bigger (like 20) and paste it into the field, then save the entry, close the program, and reopen it. if this changes everything else, you've found your problem. If this is the case, the ?'s are caused by a font that the program doesnt recognize (usually only takes true type fonts). I hope this helps.

You can simply reboot the computer and use the F8 key option while booting and select VGA MODE from the boot options, then reset your settings to the way you had them and reboot the machine again and everything will be back to normal.

Ryan Stirtz
MCP, A+

i'm assuming that its not the actual display settings (i.e. resolution) but its the fonts etc that are displayed within the database program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back