Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want IE fullscreen and only by password closeble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinho

Technical User
Feb 16, 2001
IT
I want to set up a registration pc in a fair stand.

I need to use IE with PWS , and perform ASP script, obviusly i don't want anyone can close IE and go around in my HD.

How is possible to set up IE 5.5. always on top, fullscreen and only password closeable???

Thanks.

The easiest way to keep the browser open when using Internet Explorer is to use its Kiosk mode. (Run "C:\Internet Explorer\explore.exe" -k.)

Just create a shortcut with the command line.

reghakr

actually it's a bit more complex than just running IE in kiosk mode. in that scenario, a user simply alt-f4's and bam, he/she's on you desktop. you could also kill the explorer service in addition to running in kisok mode but the a user could kill you IE window, ctrl-alt-del, hit file and run explorer and again is in your system. go to this doc and it should help you....

I do not know if writing your own application is an option for you, but it is VERY easy to create your own web-browser using Visual Basic 6.0. VB 6 has a drag&drop web-browser control that is a breeze to set up. All of the things you described as wanting (no shutdown, always on top, etc...) could very quickly be written into the applicaiton. Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who cannot laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back