Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I want an outlined Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchin

Programmer
Mar 26, 2006
BR
Hi all!

I was looking on the web for a freeware label component that can show the text with a outline, but I didn´t found

Could you point me one

TIA!

"Suffering, anguish, desperation and hard work are the materials a good programmer is made of." (buho (A))
"and against short remaining time..." (me)

in fact I wanna to understand the way I outline a text. I would study the source file looking for it.

I think I must read the font file to calculate the polygon that represents the character

Could some one point me a resourse site that treats about TTF files structure?

Thanks in advance!

"Suffering, anguish, desperation and hard work are the materials a good programmer is made of." (buho (A))

If you are working with a TLabel, it has a TCanvas property.

TCanvas has TextWidth and TextHeight methods that will give you the dimensions of the string in pixels.

Look up TCanvas in the help file.

thanks, my friend, but I don´t wanna the Canvas.TextOut.

I need to draw the text only with the edges, without filling color. After dozens of freeware components I testes, I found only rectangular borders, not the outlined draw of the text, then I came here...

in the beginning I thouth I must use a lot of Canvas.LineTo to draw each character, but, is there a flag in the TFont that draws the text only with Pen and without Brush?

thanks again!

reading my post I saw I was not clear

in wordart, coreldraw, fireworks... you can adjust the pen color and a different fill color to a text.

I know how to set the Canvas.Font.Color, now I wanna set the pen color, not draw a rectangular frame outside of the control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back