Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I think my managers steal with aloha 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aureom

Technical User
Nov 15, 2010
ES
I think my managers steal with aloha
Hello My english is very bad

I have a Aloha Sistem and i think what my managers steal me changing archives of the grind
the files gnditem.dbf and gndsale.dbf have deleted fields and have a modificated date diferent of the rest files.
I open gnditem.dbf with dbf viewer2000 and see deleted registry.
other file with data modificated is gndtndr.dbf.
In de vacances of managers this archives have the same date modificated of the others files.
I think, what they used a script to modificate this files and alterate sales diari and product mix. the inventory count is correct because import files sales of aloha before the modify files.
as I can figure out how they do it? As I can prove that stolen? I await your response please

One possible way to see what is now missing from your Grind files would be to copy the Bad grind files out of the Dated sub.

Then Re-grind the Dated Sub to create new Grinds based on the Trans.log.

You can do this in a command window from the aloha Bin folder by using "Grind /date 20101114 (Dated Sub in question)

You can then compare the two files and see what was changed.

I re-grind as you told me but i get and error then i run grindq process and the aplication run.
The files did not change, they have the modifity data and deleted fields as before grindq process.
why?
what is the diference of grind and grindq process?
the error of grind is "run database extension"
Have the files gnd***.dbf the same modifity data?
Am i doing wrong?

Please see the adjunt pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/?1s17z40cdx4d1wq
If anyone you want see the files I would upload the folder of the day
thank for your help

grind is for tableservice, grindq is for quickservice. If you are running quickservice, that's mostly likely why you are getting an error. Run the same command but then using 'grindq /date xxxxx'

don't worry, If they actually think they can steal by manually editing the gnd files they're in for a surprise. Only manipulating the trans.log could really remove transactions, but even that is visible.

thank you very much I got to reverse the process that they had built and I have good sales.
Thank you. Good Job.

It's not just with your POS systems anymore.

Check out this link

beach.html

Unless you are doing daily - weekly - inventory and comparing them to theoreticals from the POS system you will never know about employee & management theft.

cheers,
Coorsman

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. ~Jeff Pesis

Hi.
I reviewed the last mount and they stolen me 4750 € they are crazy. I have to review the last 7 years that these managers have been working.
there any way to change the sales all at once? or i have to go day by day with the process "grindq /date ********"
thank you for you help.

Why do you even have this dbf editor on the server?

Put a camera in the office and load a keylogger program on the server. Catch them in the act and fire them.

Or, come in the morning, regrind the day before, run your sales summary, if it shows a higher deposit than the one the closing manager ran, call him and tell him not to come back.

If they are doing this bonehead stuff, check your EDC for negatives as well.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Is there any official manual explaining the functioning of grindq to present at juice?

Ok I need any oficial manual what it explains the funcion of GRINDQ because I need this to present a judge.
The judge needs the manual to undertand the process what he process the managers what stole me
sorry my english is very bad

There is no manual. You can ask your reseller for documentation, I'm not at liberty to share knowledgebase articles here. Sorry.

I checked the manual, no explaination on grind process.

Your dealer can print an 'Aloha Knowledge Base - AKB' on the grind process and files associated with it.

cheers,
Coorsman

The big problem is the vendor of aloha is the most guilty of modify the system. I don´t have tests but I asked more cuestion of the system and he didn´t help me. He said what is normal process of grind. He is guilty too.
Thanks

Can I order to radiant the 'Aloha Knowledge Base'?Whats the international tecnical service?

The knowledge base is an online help files for Aloha service techs.

You may call Radiant/Aloha 1-800-79-aloha

cheers,
Coorsman

GRIND and GRINDQ are files that take transactions from your trans.log file and convert it to a readable database format.

Trans.log keeps a log of everything happening on your POS. Someone punching their employee number in, cashing out, ordering things, etc. The file itself is encrypted.

GRIND and GRINDQ is able to read the file, decrypt it and create GND files, that contain data needed for reports, and 3rd party software (Such as Avero, Eatec, iPOS, etc). If these files are lost, running GRIND again will recreate them.

Currently, there's no way of manipulating trans.log itself if you are not a dealer. There's a 3rd party software that can do it to a limited extent, but I cannot name it. Dealers have a program called LogUtils, and it requires it's own HASP key.

So, basically this means that even if your managers attempt to cover their tracks by deleting GNDSALE or others, as long as they leave trans.log in place, you will be ok.

Also, Radiant offers a nice little service, called Restaurant Guard. Gives you a report of who's likely stealing. Get in touch with your dealer, they can explain more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back