Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I think I need a hunt group...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyRothgen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2015
GB
I've got a physical digital set x1700 with voicemail setup on callpilot.

The user wants x1700 to divert to x1752 if busy & then to x1700's VM if both lines are busy.

I think I need to use a hunt group to achieve this, but I can't think quite how it'd need setting up as I've not done one for ages (& probably asked here last time too). Any pointers or guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

If extension 1752 forwards to voicemail on busy or no answer, then you just need to set a forward on busy or no answer to 1752 as Call Pilot will just the first DN dialled i.e. 1700 as the CLID to route to that mailbox rather the last DN called.

Otherwise, yes, you do need to set up a GHT in LD 18 with stor 0 = 1752 and stor 1 = Call Pilot DN.
In LD 57 under FFC, do a change and add in a new GHT under PLDN and make sure it is set to "LIN"
Finally, set your 1700 DN to forward on busy and no reply to the new ght.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You don't need a hunt group. Just Hunt and FDN 1700 to 1752 and hunt and forward 1752 to VM and you will also need to put SFA in CLS of 1752 and your done.

Sorry for the slow update.

I've done as you suggest with the forwards & put both extensions on the same voicemail in callpilot as there is typically one receptionist so it's easier for her to keep track.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back