Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I think I messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeek

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
US
I have a mixed mode 2K domain - doing the "move mailbox" method of updating my ancient 5.5 box to a nice new 2K server, which is also a DC. It is NOT my first DC and is not my GC server. I installed ADC on my future E2K box and sure enough it said "MS strongly recommends that you install this on your GC server. Well, I went ahead and put it on and let 'er rip, then did forestprep, domainprep, and installed E2K into my site.

Now it is the middle of the night and I am moving mailboxes and I am noticing... the AD users MMC on my Ex2K box shows all the exchange tabs but the AD on my other 2 DCs don't. The existing fields were populated with data they retrieved from my Ex 5.5 but the new exchange tabs are not there.

Everything seems to be working OK but I got a bad feeling about this, especially when it comes to removing the Ex5.5 server later on. Anybody have any thoughts???

Install the Exchange 2000 System Management Tools(Via Custom Exchange install. Only choose to install the System Management Tools) on the DC's that do not have the Exchange tabs. You will then see the Exchange tabs

Thanks, Zoeythecat! This is a stressful weekend and any relief is nice.

No problem. I actually posted this same question a few weeks ago so I know what you are going through.

Hi,

I am currently running Exch5.5 on NT4, and have about 100 users.

It is time to upgrade.

I am getting soem outside help with this and I am being presured into Ex2003 on Win2003.

Is this over kill ?
I expect some growth over the next couple of years but I would not expect to have more than 200 mailboxes.

Do I really need to go to the latest and apparent greatest offerings from MS ?

How old is 2003 ?
Is it well regarded for stability ?

Should I just get the 2003 licensing and run Exch2000 on Win2000 ?

Thanks

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back