Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I remove a record in forward lookup but it keeps coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach66

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2002
US
I have an entry in the forward lookup that I've removed and than it comes back again after some time. Any ideas why???

Need more info. How many dc's?

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

One DC running Windows 2000 server (using Windows DNS)

Is your DHCP set up to automatically update your DNS settings? This may be the cause of your problem.

What kind of entry are we talking? a machine that WAS on your network that's been removed? or something else? What kind of record is it?

Out of curiousity, if it's a record from an old workstation, check under the AD users and computers snap in and make sure the old computer account was removed.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

It's my mail server that is also running as a primary domain controller, dns. Crazy as this sounds. I'm in the process of adding servers to spread the load. Anyway, it's a host(A) record. I think AD is causing it to reappear

Have you added any servers yet?

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back