Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I recently started prepping for the

Status
Not open for further replies.

born2program

Technical User
Sep 18, 2006
US
I recently started prepping for the 70-432: SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance exam. My plan is to use the Microsoft Self Paced training kit and the Microsoft BOL (Books OnLine) reference and of course hands on prepping. Would anyone who's passed suggest anything else? Also, Are the questions on the exam more about terminology and such or how to do tasks? Thanks.

You'll want to have a couple of years of experience with SQL Server 2008 before taking the exam. The Microsoft site explains the topics which are going to be covered on the exam. If you have gaps in your knowledge you'll want to get some books on those specific topics and practice with them on a system (even a home system).

As to the content on the actual exam, no one will be able to give you any insight to the content as the content is under NDA.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back