Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I recently installed a Viking ACA-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I recently installed a Viking ACA-1A Auto-Attendant on my home Legend (rel 7). The Viking works up to the point where it transfers the call; it doesn't, and returns the caller to the main menu to select a prompt. I stepped this through with Viking Tech Support, and they recognized the problem as the Legend not accepting a blind call transfer. I was told a setting needed to be changed in the Legend to accept a blind transfer. I tested the Legend's T&R on a 2500 set, and was able to do a switch hook flash and blind transfer, however its not accepted when the ACA-1A does. I also tested on another Viking unit, ACA-2B (same as the ACA-1A but can handle 2 incoming lines) and got identical results. Both units are certified to work on a Merlin II, the latest system when the documentation was written. The one difference of course is the Legend's processor, I'm using the 012 T&R cards. The only Legend documentation I could find was for the Merlin Attendant, which didn't match to the Viking's simple interface.

With the Viking Auto-Attendent, you record 3 messages (Message 1: Greeting and press 1 for, 2 for, etc; Message 2: Call being transferred announcement, and Message 3: Extension called is busy). You then program each extension as a speed dial number (#01 is for ext 500, #02 is for ext 525, etc, up to 10 extensions. The prompt # dialed by the user is associated with the appropriate speed call number, then dialed after the switch hook flash.

Anyone with information on the Legend's settings I need to change would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
Viking_orvddw.png

Did some more tinkering and solved the problem. Awhile back I got a tip on this forum that you could assign a CO line directly to an extension, so the extension would ring on the CO's incoming call, and when you picked up the extension (without an incoming call), you got the CO line directly. During my testing, I was dialing the extension number that the CO was assigned to, and the blind transfer didn't work. Today I tried calling the CO line from my cell, and it worked. The attendant answered, and I was transferred to the different extensions that I keyed to the prompts, and I got the system Hold music which only plays on CO lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back