Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I-Phone dialing in to PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallymcdoogle

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
Does anybody know of an APP for their I-Phone so that they can dial-in/Log-in to their PBX and run commands?

This would be much more convenient than having my laptop with me when I'm on call and want to go somewhere. It would also be more convenient than using RDP to connect to my work PC and dial in from there.

Thanks in advance

If your place has VPN open try this.

To setup VPN on a iPhone:
1. Use PPTP
2. Server - your vpn IP addy
3. your user name
4. RSA SecurID = Off
5. Network Password
6. Encryption Level = Auto
7. Send All Traffic = On
8. Proxy = Off

Then once in, you can either just open IE and launch element manager, or rdp to your desktop and run procom

Thanks for the details.
I already use RDP all of the time.
I'm interested in a direct login to the PBX Modem to save time from using RDP.
He, I'm an impatient guy when I'm not at work and get called in! Lol!

Not alot I can think of to be direct without connection to network. Only thing that I think could speed it up some is RDP in and then use PuTTy to login. That login process is quicker than a modem/element manager and when I use alot.

I left out an important piece of info. Our PBX is 100% TDM and not on our network. When I RDP in to my desktop, I simply use its modem to dial in to the PBX.

I wonder if the I-Phone can emulate the tones necessary for modem handshaking at 9600 baud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back