Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I passed the H/W exam!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisarose

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
Thanks to those of you who helped me out with all of my questions, I passed the H/W exam today and now I'm an A+ Certifieded Computer Technician!! I think my score is about a 90. The passing score was 596 I scored 798, but I don't really care, I'm just so glad this is over with. Because of the school I went to, with "half-as-ed" instructors and practically no hands on experience at all, this was very difficult for me.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your help, THANK YOU!

My advice...never trust any answers on a cheet sheet or a practice web site. Do a lot of research on the questions. Yes, this is very time consuming but you do learn a lot this way and it's worth it.

You said you passed the H/W exam? Did you take the O/S exam first then? I did not read your other posts in this forum. So, I plead ignorance. If you did not pass the O/S exam, sorry, you are not A+ yet.

Gary
A+, Network+

"[Strong you are in the force, but you are not a jedi yet.]" -- Darth Vader

I passed my O/S exam two weeks ago so I am A+ certified.

[thumbsup] Congrats~~!!! i hope i pass mine

Congrats! on completing your A+

My suggestion, don't stop there. Next step probably Network+.

-edluke

Congrats!

Gary
gwinn7
A+, Network+

Does anyone know whats the answer to this question:
The slot inside a motherboard is recommended to be cover because
a) prevent dust from buiding up
b)prevent static
c) better air circulation
NOte: 2 answers are correct and I believe a is one of them what it the other?????

I think it would be C. I'm hoping you mean the slots on the back of the PC itself (the tower).

The only slots they can be referring to are the card slots, so both A and B are correct (actually about the same thing). To improve/maintain air circulation you DO NOT want to cover any holes or vents on the back of the case.
Is that the "exact" wording of the question, looks like it was translated from Korean or something. I havene't taken any of those tests yet but have been 'dabbling' in computers for about 14 years, and started building them 5 years ago. Thought I would take the various cert tests to make myself credible to the world.

Bill
BSME

The question that was raised regarding the slots was also in some of the practice exams i have taken but they revise the question slightly so that it refers to the slot covers, and the answers were the same as given in answers shown above. Therefore the answer should be A and C, (well that was the answers given in the practice paper).

Matt

Well, I guess by 'slot covers' they are referring to the plates on the PC case to be removed when a card is inserted. I don't accept the fact they cover the slot, the slot is ON the mobo.
Thanks for the tip, though. I plan on taking that test (and a few others) by Christmas (I hope).

A & C (If you are talking about the Expansion slots)
A Only if anything else

B is wrong because covering a slot in the back of the PC will not reduce or increase the danger of static shock to you or the system.

C would be wrong if you are talking about covering any of the vent intake or outlet slots or holes.

WTG lisarose, welcome to the wide world of "Hey, I have a peice of paper" :)

CJ
- If chickens could fly would they egg ugly people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back