Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I only see 3 devices in the database device view

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusGiller

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
DE
Hello,

we have Arcserve 2000 SP4 with a Compaq MSL5026, Compaq MSL 5052 and an Adic Scalar DLT 448 library. Yesterday i looked
into the database from the Arcserve Manager. In the device view i see only one drive from the Adic library (must be three) the Adic library itself and the Compaq MSL 5026. Additionally the Device Group Configuration failed with an error (Backup + restores must not be active when starting dev grp configuration) but there was no active job. Today
i rebooted the server and restarted the device configration.
(not device group config). Then i started the engines. The device group config was working fine then. But i still see only a part of my library hardware in the database device view. In the Enterprise Manager of the SQL Server i see all my devices in the astpdrv table.
Any ideas how to get them in?

Thank you
Regards Markus

Hi Markus,

ARCserve 2000 base product supports tape library with unlimited slots but only one internal drive.

If your tape drive (MSL5026) have more than one internal drive, you'll need to install the Tape Library Option on the ARCserve 2000 server to make it works, this also need a license too.

Regards.

Martín

H.

Thanks for your help.
TLO is of course installed. It just worked fine since two days ago and the configuration has not changed. So i'm a little confused.

Regards

Markus

If everything is working fine except the number of devices shown in the database, perhaps it is due to database corruption.

Problem is solved. Removed all data manually from the SQL Server Table (astpdrv) and then reinitialized.

Regards
Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back