Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I/O operation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMorris

Programmer
Jul 6, 2001
US
A client with several workstations get "I/O operation error" on one workstation when attempting to run a REPORT FORM or to open a project file. All other workstations are fine.

I can open PRGs on this workstations, run the rest of the app, yet can not run this one report or run a REPORT form

Anyone had this error?

Bob Morris

Is the pc loading or running the files from a server? What is the OS? What is the network?
FAT32 disk partitions can cause problems like this as well as network response time, bad NIC, heavy LAN traffic and a few other things. Can you modify the project or run the report form if it is copied locally first?

So many questions!

Dave S.

The workstations are Win 98. The errors started happening when they upgraded the server to NT 4.0. Also, another workstation can not select printers as they once could. The Foxpro code simply stopped working.

The app is on the server, all the rights look fine.

Workstation A
Can not print REPORT FORM
Can not open Project file
Gets I/O operation failure

All other workstations
Can print REPORT FORM
Can open Project file

Workstation B
Can not select printer as used to be able to. Code stopped working. Not tested on other workstations.

Will try copying the app to a local drive as seeing if it works for A.

Baffling...

Bob Morris

If the workstation in question has a CD-ROM Drive and it is Drive D to the workstation, the FoxPro app is probably trying to access the CD-ROM Drive. Try putting any CD in the drive and then restarting the app. If that solves the problem, use device manager to change the drive letter of the CD-ROM Drive (or keep the CD in the drive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back