Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to run a pl script from a local server and can't! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulShotgun

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
GB
Hi! I'm a newbie so pls forgive any sillyness:

I have a pl file that I want to execute from a local unix fileserver. The problem is that each time I point IE6 to the file it launches NoteTab (the default pl editor installed). I'm pretty sure i've made it executable with:

chmod +x

I have also tried with Opera but it just lists the file in the window. How do I get it to run??

Any pointers would be great. Thanks loads.

P.

I presume you are using CGI in your Perl script 'cos you've made references to IE and Opera.
You will need a Web Server to run your Perl scripts - make sure your Unix machine hosting your Perl script has a Web Server running.

Get back if you need help

regards
C "Brahmaiva satyam"
-Adi Shankara (788-820 AD)

Front end/back end concept. the machine you're running the web explorer on isn't the one that has to run the code. rexec would do it, as would running a web server on the end that has the perl script, AS LONG as the web server has active perl extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back