Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to report data from ROWS in Columns without Pivot tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

RppDuck

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
US
My rows have Ship dates and Ship quantities by Customer and Contract Number (Blanket Order). This is a manufacturing environment where fulfillment of orders is tracked for JIT (Just in time delivery.

A typical row will consist of the following information pulled from five tables in the query, but the query only has a Main table, and the other 4 just contain fields based on the primary keys; Customer and Contract.

Each ROW contains; Customer, Contract, Ship Date, Ship Qty, Customer Order Number, Mfg Part Number, Our Work Order number, and a Sequence Number for the Item.. 010, 020, etc..

The report needs to be formatted to show:

Header:

Customer CutomerNo ContractNo SequenceNo AllPreviouslyShipped ShippedTodayDate ShippingDate+1 ShippingDate+2 ShippingDate+3 ShippingDate+4 ShippingDate+5 ShippingNextWeek TotalStillDueToShip

I need to be able to enter a Parameter Discrete Value Date that looks at all ContractNo SequenceNo shipments prior to the date entered. The Items Shipping Today, then the schedule of items out 4 more days, than the next weeks total shipping schedule and then the total left due to ship after the current data(Schedule).. Today - through - Next Week has been satisfied.

Data to Consider:

ROW:
XYZ CORPORATION, CONTRACT1, SHIPDATE1, SHIP_QTY(5), CUSTOMER_ORDER(12345), MFG_PN(43R23), WO_NUM(123RD23), SEQ_NO(010).

Delivery in report:

Customer Data ... WO Data .. Prev. Shipped Today 10/16/2002 .. 10/20/2002.. LeftToShip
XYZ 200000 2100 10 .. 55 22056

Are there any ways to create cross-tab queries on the fly? etc.

Thanks

If it was me I assuming you have the same number of columns on each report, I would use formulas for the headers to get the approrpraite dates across the top. and then a formula for each field.

h1: 'today ' + date1

f1: if date = date1 in range then value else 0
f2: if date = date2 in range then value else 0

Forgive me for asking what may be an elementary question in CR. I am new to designing reports that I are not developed via views in a database.

Or, in other words, I haven’t used CR as in an IT reporting environment before.

Does the H1 in the formula you provided, connect to the F1 automatically, or is there some other connection code that I would need to make it work?

Thanks

All the h1(heading formula) was is the heading, you had actual dates in your example, so I figured your heading would likely change. As for the linkage. All you would need to do is make sure they are lined up with the corresponding field formula.

I thank you very much for your responses. I am getting errors on the formula:

if {tdssc030.sdat} = {?SDATE} in range then {tdssc030.shpqty} else 0

I created this based on:
if date = date1 in range then value else 0 (above-help)

The error I get is that {tdssc030.sdat} doesn't result in a string, number...

Would it be possible to help me with syntax?

I am not using a range for the dates I am using a single date and then making the date headers successfully with {?SDATE} + 1.

The tdssc030.shpqty is the shipped quantity for a specific date in the row.

Thanks

For starters you shouldn't have the words in range if you are using a discret value. You should have = only.

Also if you are using in range the correct syntax is as follows.
if date in (date1} then value else 0

Try on or the other depending on if you are testing a range of values of a single value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back