Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to list all available ports (left join) in subform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dca

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
I am working on a database to keep track of the devices in my SAN. Currently I have the following schema

Table KeyFields
SwitchInfo
ID (SwitchID)
ModelID
ModelInfo
ID (ModelID)
ModelMap
ID (MapID)
ModelID
Connections
SwitchID
MapID

I have a SwitchInfo form which has a connections subform. I would like to list all possible ports from the ModelMap table in this subform and the connection information. I tried using a query that joins the ModelMap and Connections but it would not allow a left join. I then tried to use the wizard and added the table fields directly to the subform. This only listed one line and when I added a record it added a record to the ModelMap table which I want to remain a static list of ports for each model of switch. When I add a connection for a port specified in the map I want to update the Connections table with the mapid key and the other fields in the connection table without changing the ModelMap table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back