Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to know the fan model number of Netfinity 4000R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2002
US
I need to order the replacement fans of my IBM 4000R server .
But I can not find any tech spec in ibm.com for this kind of info .
Anybody can give me an idea ?
Thanks !!
Henry

Give me a call, I have fans I can sell you.

thanks

Brett Larson
IBM Channel Manager
C-Tech Incorporated

Compaq / Dell / HP / IBM Servers and Parts
131 Cheshire Lane, Suite 100, Minnetonka, MN 55305
952.249.6824 (Direct) | 888.551.3633 (Toll-free) | 952.249.6859 (Fax)
brett.larson@c-techonline.com

If the 4000R is still in warranty, you can call IBM for the replacment. The fans should have an IBM sticker with the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU)number on them.

The NF4000R is an element exchange machine, which means that if a HW defect occur the complete machine will be replaced. It will then be sent to a third party company for repair. There are no FRU P/N's existant for this machine.

Peace
W

Wacammaw is correct. Here's the excerpt from the IBM site: At this time, the 8652-11Y, 8652-21Y, and 8652-22Y models of the Netfinity 4000R do not support customer installation of adapters, HDDs, memory, processors, or any other devices that must be installed inside the server. *These models do not support any modification to the original factory shipped configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back