Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to know the check Reference in a Micros ISL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrmd

Programmer
Aug 19, 2013
MX
Hi, do someone knows how to use the Micros comand @Trdtlt, in order to view all the check transactions?. I need to see the reference of a check, and i think i can find it like this.
Micros Help is not explicit about @Trdtlt.

Thanks in advanced.

I'm using Micros 3700, 4.9 version.

What do you mean by reference of the check? Are you talking about a reference item, as in an item which has reference required? Or are you talking about something else?

If you're talking about looping through every item on the check, which I think you are, then you'll really be wanting to use @numdtlr and @numdtlt. The difference between the two is that R shows only the count of new items, and T shows the total items. So if you only want to loop the newly serviced items, you'd set your start point as the T - R.

First service total:
snip_20170821082851_svz9ej.png

snip_20170821082914_wxdrwf.png

Second service total:
snip_20170821082936_n7frsz.png

snip_20170821082943_qbhtgp.png

Here is an example that loops all of the items and displays some of their info:

Code:
EVENT SRVC_TOTAL : *

VAR I : N9
	FOR I = 1 TO @NUMDTLT
		INFOMESSAGE @DTL_NAME[ I ]
		INFOMESSAGE @DTL_TTL[ I ]
		INFOMESSAGE @DTL_QTY[ I ]
		INFOMESSAGE @DTL_TYPE[ I ]
	ENDFOR

ENDEVENT

There are of course other @dtl variables you can utilize that contain pretty much any information you could need. There is only @dtl_sequence, which you could then use to pull any other info you need from the database. For that matter you could also use the variables @Ckseqnum to then just pull everything from the transaction tables.

My situation is this:
I have a discount that have Reference Required, that reference is a coupon number that the customer brings to us. When we capture the discount, the POS has to comunicate with an external interface (a Web Service) in order to verify thet the coupon number is valid and does not has been used in other restaurant, if everything is okay, the discount is accepted and recorded in Micros (chk_dtl, trans_dtl, dtl, etc), including the reference number (ref_dtl).
When the check is payd and closed, in that moment we have to comunicate again with Web Service in order to tell it that this coupon number (Reference) has been used, and i have to pass it the coupon number (info that i put as discount reference). So at Final Tender event, i need to have the discount reference(coupon number), and i think that @numdtlt could help.
I can do it calling a Store Procedure, but i ask my self if @Trdtlt could simplify the work.
Or there are a simpliest way to get the check reference (stored in ref_dtl) asociated to dtl table trough trans_dtl and dtl_seq fields ?

Thanks again.

The info in Micros about @Trdtlt is:

Function
This system variable contains all the transaction detail from the current guest check.

Type/Size
Various (see Usage)

Syntax
@Trdtlt

Trdtlt Usage
· This system variable is Read-Only.
· The transaction detail information is designed to provide enough detail to display or print a basic guest check. If more information is required, it should be exported from the appropriate database files with the 3700 SQL module.
· Each transaction detail entry comprises the fields described in the Transaction Detail Table under the System Variable.
· The transaction detail will be preceded by a Number of Detail Entries field. This field is of the type and size N3, and indicates how many detail entries follow.
· When partial payments are posted to a PMS using prorated itemizers, all the detail on the guest check will be transferred, not just the detail associated with this partial payment. If selective detail is required, the guest check should be split at the POS prior to being posted to the PMS.

Transaction Detail Table

Field/Type and Size Description
Detail Type/A1 Indicates type of detail entry:I = Check Information DetailM = Menu ItemD = DiscountS = Service ChargeT = Tender/MediaR = Reference Number
Status/A8 Check Detail Status Flag
Number/N7 Object number; set to 0 for reference numbers and check information detail.
Quantity/N5 Quantity; set to 0 for reference numbers and check information detail.
Main Sales Level/N1 Main sales level (between 1 and 4); set to 0 for reference numbers and check information detail.
Sub Sales Level/N1 Sub sales level (between 1 and 4); set to 0 for reference numbers and check information detail.
Total/$12 Total; set to 0 for reference numbers and check information detail.
Name/A24 Contains the detail's name (menu item, discount, etc.). For reference numbers; this contains the actual reference number.

But it does not talk about complet sintax or how to use it.

I would recommend you take the code as input, check it, and THEN apply the discount via the ISL. otherwise you're also going to have to program it to remove the discount if it's already been used.

Does that make more sense to you? If you don't know how to do all that I can explain the various functions you'll have to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back