Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need to convert some corel files to microsoft word 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yawn

Technical User
Sep 14, 2001
GB
How can I convert my corel doccument files to microsoft word 98?

You can get a conversion utility from Corel that will allow you to convert the files to a Microsoft Word 97 format. Go to the following link

and download the WP_CONVERT_UTILITY.EXE and install it. It will create a directory called C:\PROGRAM FILES\COREL CONVERT. There will be an executable file called CVWIN80.EXE that you will run in order to convert your files. In the From box select your WordPerfect file to be converted. In the To box key in a path and filename to save to, something different than the original name, and select MS Word for Windows 97 as the Type. Tell it to convert. When it has finished converting the file, you will have a Microsoft Word 97.

Good Luck!!!

You can get a conversion utility from Corel that will allow you to convert the files to a Microsoft Word 97 format. Go to the following link

Updated link:

ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/WordPerfect/wpwin/70/

Look for the filename cwps-ts.zip

Old outdated link:

and download the WP_CONVERT_UTILITY.EXE and install it. It will create a directory called C:\PROGRAM FILES\COREL CONVERT. There will be an executable file called CVWIN80.EXE that you will run in order to convert your files. In the From box select your WordPerfect file to be converted. In the To box key in a path and filename to save to, something different than the original name, and select MS Word for Windows 97 as the Type. Tell it to convert. When it has finished converting the file, you will have a Microsoft Word 97.

Good Luck!!!

Hi!
Because self-serving billy `donated' equipment to all the libraries but locked them into MicroSoft Word and that crap, I find it necessary to teach Word to my students of Personal computing.
Then to correct their `papers' at home, since I refuse to use Word in any of its variations I work in WordPerfect and convert back to Word ( WP is also wonderful for me in the view codes capability which is not available on Word - until Gates figures out how to steal the idea ).

The conversions are right there if you did the full install with all filters. HOWEVER, never to be mistaken for ethical, Gates and his pirates, following their early and standard practice of doing all in their power to disable compatibility of other programs ( in the O/S or Browser, or Word, or whatever ) make it necessary to get newer copies of WP in order to convert newer versions of Word. So I have the later WP suites but only use WP 8 as I find 10 another bloated resource draining overkill. It sometimes looks as if Bill Gates is the pied piper and the industry happily follows him off a cliff! In many ways the old days were so much better, if only Gary Kildall hadn't snubbed IBM that day,,,,,!-(

HBH

You can also get converters / conversion files for Word. They are relatively easy to find on the MS site. You probably already have them built in, or they are on your install CD. Use the "save as" command to choose a new format for an existing document. To see if you have the appropriate converter (the converter for wp6 upward is, I think, pretty much the same) just try to open the file you want to convert in the new program.

I use both MS Word and Word Perfect, and appreciate each for what it offers. I must say, however, that MS support on the web (just the knowledge base) has far outstripped Corel in the past years. At any rate, do a bolean search for +convert +"Word Perfect" +"Microsoft Word" on each site. (Actually, I think Corel has finally autmated that process..so you just have to type in the phrases with "".)
You will find what you need.

Youknow what I do is ctrl+A and ctrl+C and then save as. But I only use simple text-features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back