Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need text to react as button area not just the actual letters.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a button interface that comprises of text that spells out names of colors. I have the buttons so that the text changes to the color it says it is when the pointer floats over the text. This works fine. My problem is that when I export it to a movie the button only reacts when the pointer is over one of the actual letters. I am trying to make it so that even if the pointer comes over the general area of the text ( i.e the square outline u see when the text is selected) that it will react. Righ now the pointer jumps back and forth from the pointer to the button pres finger very jittery due to the fact that the button only reacts when the pointer is over one of the actual letters.

In flash there are four stages of a button, the Up, Over, Down, and Hit area. The "Hit" frame or area is the one that defines the space that will be used for the reactive area for the button. By drawing a filled shape in that frame you define what area activate the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back