Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need STS help! Just removed the T1, and have CO lines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooop

Technical User
May 12, 2007
US
We just inherited this system. WE have a t1 on order, but have to use CO lines for a month. I removed the t1 cable, and punched the analog lines down in position 1-4. I can't make calls. How do I program this thing. I am used to Nortel BCM with a web GUI. I just need pointed in the right direction and can figure it out from there. How do I program, and do I use software or telset administration. We will hire a tech for the t1 cutover, but I should be able to make something work here.

Thank You

I can recieve incoming calls, but can't make a call. I am sure it is still looking for the pool Bloc, and not the analog lines. I just need to get 9 to access the analog lines. Should I remove the t1 card?

You'll probably need to go into flash 40, CO Line programming and program your lines as 1-4 as line group one, and make any other changes as necessary there and then go to flexible button programming and assign lines 1-4 to the proper buttons on the phones. You should be able to find that in flash 50 programming. I would remove the T1 card until the new circuit comes in. Do not remove card while system is hot. You may also need to reboot the system once you've changed co line programming.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Might be a little easier to tell the system the card does not exist in Card Slot Programming (Flash 24).
Don't forget to do a system reset if you do make any changes (Flash 80, Btn 20)

Thanks to all, I got it working. I ended up calling Global Telecom for support, they connected via hyperterminal on voicemail box 499 and did it for me. They only charged a nominal fee, and I am set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back