Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need speedview. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbotts1

Technical User
Aug 28, 2001
US
I bought a centillion 100 for my home lab and need to find a cable for the initial setup and a copy of speedview. Does anyone have these items for sale or know where I can pick them up?

Ok the Install manaul is and it has the pin out on the cable

one end is male DB25 and one end is male DIN 8

DTR 20 2
TxD 3 3
Ground 7 4
RxD 2 2
Ground 7 8

as for software I found some but do not know the product well. look here

ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pub/swcode/centillion/c100/ The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

got lucky!

ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pub/apps/speedview/windows/v5.x/spv51200.zip

for windows The one thing you can't give for your heart's desire is your heart. - Lois McMaster Bujold

Very very cool. Thank you very much Jim.

Don't forget the switch image files. You can find the image file for SpeedView 5.1.2.0 at:
ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pub/swcode/centillion/c100/v5.1.2/

Make certain your SpeedView version and your image file version are the same!

Hi,
I've downloaded SpeedView and C100 image. The image has extension *.100 right? when I install speedView in typical Setup, It ask for the image file. When I select the path where the image file was and continue, the setup says that there is no image file/disk. Is it me or I also had to connect to C100 when installing?.

Thanks,

Katob

Problem solved,
I just simply choose Custom and download system files later.

Thanks,

Unless you are installing from a CD that includes image files always choose custom and exclude the system files option. The SpeedView install has been that way for years. It looks like they would have just excluded that part since the majority download switch images separately.

I Just got one of the centillion 100s. I am wondering cause some of this is new to me. Were would I find a workable config file for this because it came from ebay apprently theres noting on it. also the datacable do you know of anyplace that one could be purchased. and I have no idea on the bootp/tftp server i got it a little set up but I dont know how to send the config file or the image file to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back