Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need someone to help me using Remote Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

niteloner

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
PR
I would like someone to help me via remote Assistance. I have tried unsuccessfully to enable my cookies in Internet Explorer. I need someone to do it for me. Please Help!!

Joe

Go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced. Uncheck over ride automatic cookie settings and the system should save all cookies.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Disman:

Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion, unsuccessfully.

could u help me via remote Assistance?? Please!!

niteloner

Once again.. I am requesting one of the experts here
to assist me with my computer issue via Remote Assistance.

I have done everything I can to solve the issues by myself, but was unable to. Please... i need urgent help!!

Joe(niteloner)

Please can you list what you have tried so far, which people are going to need to know before able to remote assistant you, this will mean no time is wasted going over suggestions you have already tried.

Also what version of IE are you running, and is this Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista etc.

For example in tools, internet options, Privacy what is the slider set to eg, medium, Low, High have you tried going through each option and seeing if it makes any difference ? Have you tried clicking on the site button and making sure all sites are allowed? have you tried going to the advanced tab and selecting the option that says restore advanced setting and also reset, this should put back the options as standard. Do you have any pop up blockers that could be preventing pages from being displayed enabled ? Is it just one site that is not saving cookies or every single web page you visit that uses cookies is not saving ? Please provide more information

Dear PC Mad and all:

I really appreciate your answer. I am trying to run some tests on i usrd to be able to run them without any problems. Just recently, I cannot log on to the page since PcPitstop states that my cookies are not enabled. I followed their suggestions and sugestions from here and elsewhere to solve the issue, unsuccessfully.

If any of the experts can assist me via Remote Assistance or any other remote program, what I need is for that person to check my IE 6 settings and adjust them so that my cookies are enabled. I also have some other minor issues that could be taken care of.

My pop-up blockers are off.

I am using a Sony VAIO desktop with Win XP Home SP2.
I have IE 6.0.

I would appreciate some help via Remote. Thanks.

Joe(niteloner)

Thanks for your reply, hopefully someone out there will remote control you, personally and this is only my personal opinion but I think you could solve this yourself if you tried some of the suggestions I mentioned and also tried searching on the internet for answers. Self Help as much as you can, as remote assistance means you have to connect to a machine that you do not know who the owner is so is a risk if you see what I mean.

Anyway just my 1p worth, hope someone can help you remote control though,

I have tried all the suggetions you and all others have provided. I have not been able to resolve the issue. i have tried to solve it byn looking in the internet for answers. It has been weeks, now.. and no luck.

Please.. anyone can assist me remotely? I am really lost.

Joe(niteloner)

if you are asking, can someone remotely access your system to assist you w/cookies config. the answer is yes & yes.

P2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back