Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need reset password of tools in Meridian Mail Rls 13 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campi

Technical User
Aug 16, 2006
ES
I need reset password of tools in Meridian Mail Rls 13 but I do not know the actual password
Can you help me?
Thanks

no one can from here.. the tools password as well as the login password had to be changed during install.. i used to match them but if it's lost you'll need to go to nortel

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, but i like to look for a solution without nortel because to call to nortel is very expensive and the culprit of not remembering password I am (TechnicalUser)

Regards

it's only money

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To reset the tools password without NT involvement requires you to re-run the install tape. The utility menu provides an option to reset the password.

You'll need the MM install tape for this.

your right i hadn't thought of that, but when you restore the customer database does it restore the "forgotten" passwords

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

No need to restore the db, since you're only accessing the password menu then ejecting the tape and booting the MM back into service

Step by Step to reset the pwd

1 dis aml 9 -
2 put installation tape in drive -
3 enl aml 9 acms - mail will boot from tape -
4 select more options from menu -
5 select reset to default password from menu (resets system login password to adminpwd) -
6 dis aml 9 -
7 take tape out of drive -
8 hit reset button on MM -
9 wait a few minutes and then enl aml 9 acms - wait for MM login menu

Thank you very much front Spain

thanks and stars from south carolina

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Forgot to mention, the above info was for a small system. On larger system, replace the 9 with the actual aml you're using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back