Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need more mapped drives!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2000
US
I've run out of drive letters and need many more. Is there a way to map to aa: or bb: or servera:? I've looked around and can't find a solution to this.

Thanks in advance.

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

You have vendors that hard code specific drive letters into their apps?!?

I'm currently in the hospitality industry and we call a lot of our applications "crapplications" for many different reasons, but even our junk isn't that bad.

_____
Jeff[sub]
[purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
[/sub][sup]
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/sup]

I've mapped my thumb drive and my Epson's memory card reader as a: and b:. The computer reports them both as 3 1/2" floppy drives.
UNCs won't work for me since I can't get to them from DOS. [hourglass]

masterracker,

It's hard to believe isn't it. I won't throw the baby out with the bath water and call these applications crap, but there are some aspects that are...ahem...poorly thought out. Two of my more important apps require the client to map to R: and L:.

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

Use logon scripts and set the persistance to no. create different users and they will each map the coresponding drives and then on logoff the will unmap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back