Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I NEED HELP... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
were can I find a place to download SoftWare for a backupdisk HP colorado? I need this quick so please help me.

What do you need exactly? Backup Program? Drivers? What kind of Colorado is it? 5 GB, 14GB, 20 GB?

Hi kamaha87

I run colorado backup software with a HP Corado 8GB internal tape drive. You mention backup disk, are you trying to back up to a disk or a tape. If its a tape then downloads are available from HP web site, if its a disk then you may have a problem. My backup works on occasions but like many people I suffer from bewin32 lockups which are realy infuriating. If you can answer that one please let me know.

Signalman Signalman (Technical User)

You'll find that the Colorado II tape backup software is no longer available from the HP website. I found it by using a program called kazaa.
search on google.com for kazaa.

I have installed Colorado Backup II Ver. 6.0 and when i tried to back up my C: Windows folder , I always get this message :

"the backup device reported an unrecoverable hardware error.
Ref: 05-21-01-02-2D04."

Im'using WIN 98SE and HP T-3000 Travan Disk Tape.

Correction, CBII is available on HP's website.
Use 9.0 for Win2k
9.1 for ME
8.0 for 95/98
You can try to use 9.0 on XP with an INTERNAL drive only, but is not supported.

Here's a link that can help you decode your error code:

And here's where you can d/l CBII:

I am using Colorado Sure store as backup software. and the problem of BEWIN32 has occured. I tried all your solutions but in vain. But I found another solution for my problem.
The colorado sure store need the floppy drive to be connected to the PC while working. So if there is no floppy the CBII will not work.
Try it. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back