Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help with video freezing. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spokenword1965

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
I have shuttle-AI61 board(slot1), ATI-Rage 2x/4x 32meg/128 pro video card, sound blastor 5.1/mp3+ sound card, AMD 700 processor, maxtor 30 gig(72rpm) hard drive and 128 megs of ram. I ran AOL for awhile as my ISP. I decided to get Verizon DSL last week. After getting this installed & running, I began to run into display freezing.If I attempt to go to various websites I sometimes get freezing, a black display with a green line running across the top of monitor or my system may reboot. I run McAfee 7.0 professional & Windows Milenium. Even with the firewall & anti-virus disabled I am still getting this problem.

ANY HELP OUT THERE???

That green line shows that the problem is with the graphic card. Try:
- to install the newest drivers from ATI and VIA
- to see if the graphic card conflicts with the network card
I suspect that the latest is the issue, maybe they share the same IRQ.

I have an ATI AIW 9700 Pro on an ASUS P4G8X Deluxe. My computer would freeze or reboot everytime I turned it on. I tried changing the AGP setting to 4X, didn't help. My power supply is a Antec 420 watt. I thought it was because the video card was sharing an interrupt, too, but can't change that with XP. I almost sent it in to ATI when I tried turning off Fastwrite on the SMARTGART page and have not had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back