Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help with Tivoli Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapsack

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
GB
I need to learn about Tivoli remote control ASAP
i.e. installing on to a network using NT4 and tips on using the product.

The main thing with Remote Cotnrol is that it needs a rebboot once installed, so worth looking at pre-loading the relvant files into a gold image.
Apart from that get your hands on the manuals, and start using it.

There isn't that much to Remote Control - look at use of gateways, and whether you need to use the policies to improve performance; but all of this should be covered in the software manuals.

simon

Hi
I've been looking after our Tivoli environment for the past 3 years.We have experienced many issue's with Tiv RC ver 3.6.5. especially across slow links.There are many other R/C products better than Tivoli although you must always remeber Tivoli is an enterprise solution that offers good monitoring on R/C usage!!and genrally work arounds can be found for the various issues.
We have rolled out R/C binaries to all servers and clients.This can be acheived via batch method where specific endpoints can receive the R/C binaries overnight or as the endpoint connects to the environment.All our Helpdesk,PC support guys and NT admins use the product.I have created a policy where the Servers are populated into the RC server policy region and desktops into a desktop region.This giving conrol on who can R/C servers /clients.
We have an NT environment with 2000 clients 150 NT servers across 20 sites.All of the remote sites have a gateway local.Before making the dive with Tivoli /RC what other Tiv modules are you using ?
We are using DM,Tec,SD,INV and remote control,frame work 3.6.1

The most annoying issue we have seen are locked R/C sessions on servers,this only seems to affect servers across a slow link.The product is much slower than PC anywhere,although Tivoli offers far greater security and monitoring.

Please feel free to let me know should you require any additional info.

Regards

Will

Hi All,

Please Help me to send Email event through Rule base condition and Action combination.

Regards,

Suriya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back