Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help with simple shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean8

Technical User
Sep 30, 2009
US
Hi, I recently purchased a plasma cnc machine to cut steel parts. but the corel does not include tutorials.This machine runs on simple colorless shapes.I am new to corel but use other cad systems.Having trouble with really simple procedures like arrays and duplication. Any pointers would be appreciated. Dean.

Hi Dean8,
Type say “Dean” this will be solid black, click off to deselect the type mode and then click back on to re-select it .Now change this to say red form the colour menu from the right hand side of your page, this will allow you to see the black hair line we are now going to draw around it.
With your “Dean” selected go to L/H side of your page, select outline this looks like a nib, this will give you a box, select width then hairline, this should activate the colours box above, usually black is default, if not select black, click OK.
You should now have red text with black hairline. Go back to the colour pallet to right of your page, with “Dean” selected, go right to the top of your colour pallet and select the square with X in the middle and click. This should get rid of any colour except your hairline; your CNC should recognise this as a path, hopefully. To duplicate select your item and pres control (Ctrl) and pres “D”, this should do the trick.

Cheers. Rob753.

Thanks much Rob 753. However I have the newest version Corel and the start screen comes up shapes with no color(colour).I'm a computer idiot.Corel seems to be more geared toward art and I am only using 1D shapes to create this "G code" that the cnc can read and cut steel. I reall just need help getting started .I convinced my boss to buy this thing and now I cant really use it $15,000. Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back