Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help to set up fresh OWA in Exgen2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninja1499

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
AU
Hi all, I am using Exchange 2003. I set up the OWA but it worked only internally . When you log in using from the outside internet , you cannot see the page log in and also page cannot be found. What have I missed out in the setting? Do I need to open any other port ? Please help me , any one enlighten me I will be much appreciated. Thank you all.

Yes, I did tryied all above but still not log in. Is there anything in the IIS to be configured? When i installed exchange i left the default setting as it is, all SMTP mails working OK. Any other suggestions? Thank you

If it works on the inside, then all you need to do is make sure that port 443 on your external IP properly forwards to port 443 on your server. If that's been done properly on your firewall/router (and your server is using that router as its default gateway), then you should be able to connect by ipaddress/exchange from the outside. If you have public DNS in place on the outside, you should be able to use
There shouldn't be anything left to configure on the actual server, unless it's using something else as its default gateway, which I doubt is the case.

ShackDaddy

Thank you ShackDaddy, you are right my firewall didnot open correctly , I checked the FW , opened port 80 and 443 and pointed it to the Exchange server now I can access from the outside . Thank you for your valueble info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back