Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help to find QBasic on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojotoupin

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
CA
I can't find qbasic on my computer.  What should I do to find it or download it?

To find QBasic 1.0 on your computer, click <i>Start,</i> then <i>Find...</i>, then <i>Files or Folders.</i>&nbsp;&nbsp;Enter qbasic.exe or qb.exe to find it.<br><br>To download QB 4.5, go to qbasic.net, click <i>QB File Vault,</i> then click <i>Download QB 4.5.</i>

if you cant find qbasic on your computer pop<br>in your win 98/95 disk then look for an olddos folder<br>you will find qbasic ver 1 there

If your using WIN 95/98:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Click on START button.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;click on FIND.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;click on FILES OR FOLDERS.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;type in &quot;QB&quot; in the NAME field.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;make sure the drive(s) that you think it may be in is listed in the LOOK IN field <b>AND</b> that INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS has a checkmark in it.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;click on FIND NOW button.<br><br>NOTE--if it isn't located try another drive or insert your WINDOWS 9x disk in the CD and try again.<br><br><br>If you're using Win 3.x (or DOS ver 4+) then:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Get into DOS prompt<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;type in <b>DIR</b> (DriveLetterToCheckOut)<b>:\QB*.* /S</b><br><br>NOTE--You have to supply the DriveLetter.<br><br>Happy Hunting <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Secrete of life: If Husband = Happy then Wife = Unhappy. If Wife = Happy then Husband = Unhappy. If Parents = Happy then Kids = Unhappy. If Kids = Happy then Parents = Unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back