Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i need help on the syntaxs in creating a Global and local directive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanamichi

Technical User
Aug 4, 2006
CH
Hi please help i would like to create a Global to local directive in our networker backup, we are using 7.2.2

I had created this for the Global

<< / >>
+compressasm: .

# this skips the temporary folder for the deleted items on all drives.
<< "*:\RECYCLER" >>
+skip: *.*

Please notice the " * " ,
1. Can this represent all the drives in the servers the this directive will apply to? else not is there other alternative to do my objective?
2. I wish to have a single directive for all identical servers i have, lets say SQL servers.
3. I created a local directive for every server but i dont know where to put the Networkr.cfg file.

I am kinda newbie in the Networker backup sorry""

i forgot to say that i am using Windows 2003 server for most of the servers

I am pretty sure that a * can not be used in the pathname.
You must use an absolute pathname here.

So i think the only solution is to setup all clients equally (same partitions).

or just have a list of devices etc....how many drives can there be on the win2003 sys...24 ? hehe (not including network)

# this skips the temporary folder for the deleted items on all drives.
<< "C:\RECYCLER" >>
<< "D:\RECYCLER" >>
<< "E:\RECYCLER" >>
<< "F:\RECYCLER" >>
<< "G:\RECYCLER" >>

sorry, make that 23 drives....B drive is still reserveed for 5.1/4 diskettes...

;-)

Thanks rexxy, but i am looking for more compact,

How about this directive can you evaluate this one for me please,

<< / >>
+compressasm: .
+skip:"\QUARANTINE"
+skip:"\RECYCLER"
+null:"\Temp"

I runned it yesterday and i got a logs which corresponds to that, what is exactly it says?

* yak:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: bad file name \QUARANTINE in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored
* yak:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: bad file name \RECYCLER in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored
* yak:SYSTEM STATE:\ save: bad file name \Temp in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored
* yak:SYSTEM DB:\ save: bad file name \QUARANTINE in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored
* yak:SYSTEM DB:\ save: bad file name \RECYCLER in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored
* yak:SYSTEM DB:\ save: bad file name \Temp in C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000003, ignored

same error found on system files and ASR sections.

Is this some kind of a syntax error what do you think? what would be the correct one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back