Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need HELP for Voice Segment file creation in Application Builder. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasatekin

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
TR
Hi,
We were using Symposium 4.0 and MMail Rel. 12. We have migrated them CCT 6.0 and CallPilot 4.0. We have used voice prompt editor to create voice segment in MMail. Now documents says we need to use application builder in callpilot to create them.
I can create voice items in application builder but I don't know what kind of application should I create (a voice menu, a thru-dial etc.) to use as a voice file for voice segment in CCT 6.0 scripts, and how can I match this application to the filename of the voice segment and segment ID to the voice item in the callpilot?

Thanks,
a.asatekin

As they say, it's easy when you know how.
This also assumes that the route to CallPilot <-> Symposium has been created and acquired in the IVR ACD-DN, and that CallPilot has the SDN created for voice segments.

Create or use an application, (let's say it's called SoundBites), then click on the menu bar on Define | Voice Items.
From there, create an item (or container, if you like) with a title and an ID, and then import or record an announcement.
For this example, we'll say the ID is 1001.
Click OK and save the application.

In Symposium, create a script variable called greeting_gv and in the attributes, it is a Voice_Segment, change the Language to English as it defaults to Chinese, and in the Value, put SoundBites:1001 and click on Add, then OK.

Now, you'll just need to insert that script variable into your script as follows:

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT greeting_gv
END VOICE SESSION

Activate the script, and when you get to the announcement part, it should play back the announcement you previously uploaded.

That should point you in the right direction, but bear in mind, you're dealing with three different pieces of software, so things may not go as smoothly as you might like..

Good judgement comes from experience, which usually comes from bad judgement..

Thank you.
Just one more question to be sure,
when I create a new application in the application builder, it comes only Begin-start box. In this situation I can define and add voice items.
Do I need to put any other box to the application as Menu, Thru-dial, Announcement etc., or should I leave it empty?
Regards,

Just leave it empty. You may need to terminate the Begin block, but that's about the only change.

Good judgement comes from experience, which usually comes from bad judgement..

Magpye,
Thank you very much. It is working perfect.
aasatekin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back