Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need help for my Clipper ver. 5.2 compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerona28

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
PH
im using a clipper version 5.2 and it wont compile
it display the message
"Rules not found in exe file: c:\clipper.exe"
i dont know what went wrong

Reinstall another CLEAN (and free of viruses, and, of course, your PC) version of Clipper. Is "strange" your message: c:\clipper.exe. Clipper.exe would be under the directory c:\clipper5\bin\. NOT c:\.
Review your install. Also give us a hint of in which plattform yow are working (Win 95, 98, 2000, etc.)
Regards. Also take a look at the documentation about the environment Clipper needs to work.

when you type 'clipper' at a DOS prompt, does it return an error or general info about Clipper?
Have you ever compiled successfully from this PC with Clipper?

yes clipper.exe is under c:\clipper\bin directory im using windows 95.
it returns the general info about clipper and im been using this computer with windows version 95 OS for some quit a long while now until this error struck me out of no where

have you tried to compile from the command line or do you use a .bat file to compile/link your porgram?
Review the compile parameters you are using; try none at all.
Circes9

i tried using .bat file to run my compiler and simpy compiling it but to no avail

Make sure PATH setting are pointing to the clipper directories in the DOS window. I found that openning a DOS window over and over again does not guarantee the PATH setting will be initialized properly. I even have trouble with network mappings in DOS wondows.

maybe something has changed in your BAT file
try a compile of 1 prg from the command line and see if same errors occur. like clipper 123.prg
If successful, an OBJ should be made
if that works, then try compiling from the command line with the same parameters the BAT file is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back