Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Need Drivers For My Sony CRX145E-RP CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie0691

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
GB
My computer has decided to stop recognising my CD-RW drive :S No program will recognise and burn to it. I thought that updating my drivers but i cannot find them anywhere. Also sony want to charge me 19.99 to get them :eek: Please Help :)

It could be possible that the BIOS itself has stopped recognizing your CD-ROM drive. Under such a circumstance no drivers would help. In fact a CD-ROM drive does not require any drivers per se. The OS (Windows/Linux) automatically recognize the device and install the drivers accordingly. Just make sure that the CD-ROM is properly connected through the IDE cable to the IDE port on the mainboard. Also redetect the CD-ROM from the BIOS. If this does not resolve the problem then try and move the CD-ROM to a different IDE channel.

The thing is, my cd-rw works with Win On Cd, but not with any other programs. Also Windows only recognises it as CD-Rom and not a CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back