Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need Crystal Reports 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blamdude

Technical User
Jan 2, 2008
US
I need to get a copy of Crystal Reports 6. I understand it's very old and hard to come by but the application we use uses reports made with Crystal Reports 6.

If anyone can help or maybe provide an alternative that'd be great.

Thanks,

dave

Thank you all for the help. Unfortunately we were getting fed up and we ended up hiring a consultant to take care of it.

Thanks,

dave

...and what was the magic fix that the consultant provided...?

Did they have CR-6 or did they know how to make changes to the code for the "Shop Manager" program..?

He put in some sort of cross-tab section in the report to accomodate the labor descriptions. It looks great now. He did a great job.

Did he do it in CR-6 or are you running the report outside of the "Shop Manager" program..?

Oh yeah, sorry. He had an old copy of version 6 and made the changes in there.

I recently had a similar issue, where I needed version 8.5. You can buy old versions directly from Business Object, so you may want to consider doing that so you have a developer copy for yourself. I imagine that the cost of the consultant would have been higher than buying it.

I too had the same issue... it HAD to be Crystal 8.5, so that users used only the main application to launch their reports. Which was frustrating since we currently had and are still running version 6, 8, 10 and 11 already, and the idea that it couldn't use a different version or viewer was ridiculous to me. Really.... who puts out 'new' software with a version of Crystal so old you can't write custom reports for it.

You'd think you could be pressuring the vendor of the shop manager program too... if it's done in MSAccess, it's likely just got a run line in it to launch an old version, that should be easy to modify so you could use a later version of Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back