Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need Charts and Graphs for SQL SVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rssql

Programmer
Jul 22, 2002
US
I know Access very well, and have used SQL Svr 6,7,2000 in the past, but this time I need to create a web site that does the following:

1. receives off-site data and stores in SQl.
2. Customers log in.
3. Customer can view or print graphs/charts of their data.

What should i use to generate the charts and graphs on the web site?

Tolerance and diversity, or in-tolerance and perversity.
You Decide.

depends on your environment. What kind of development team are you working with? You're not going to be able to get this kind of functionality in without some development.

Our back-end to do pretty much exactly what you described is
Reporting Services 2005
ASP.NET 2.0
Utilizing Dundas Charts (Gauge, Charts and Reporting Services)

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

Is there a budget behind this also? Or are you going to have to search for free charting classes or manually code them?

Dundas and other chart classes aren't free but cut development time big time.

The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

Right now, I'm looking for what options exist, along with associated costs and development performance.

I am able to spend some money if I determine it is justified, and will deliver what I need within a few weeks.

I wondering if Dreamweaver or something else is what I need.

-------------------
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
Daniel Boorstin

IMHO Dreamweaver and the lot of WYSIWYG tools like that will only make things harder on you.

A few weeks isn't even close to enough time to deliver that. A few months maybe. I would start looking into either consulting or going after third party tools for creating dashboards if you want to get this in a limited time factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back