Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a table where all the cells are different sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggerBrother

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
GB
I don't know if this is possible, but i'm after a control that gives the following:

aaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb cccc dddddddd
aaa bbbbbbbbb cccccc dddddd eee
aaaaaaa bbbbbbbb c ddd eeeeeeee

It is to be used as a diary type planner, where the width of each cell is relative to the booking time for that salesman. Am i making sense?

Thanks for any advice

BB

What is this? Your question is not clear explain further
if you need help...

I need to produce a table, where every cell has an on_click sub routine. The cells are different widths, but all the same height. See the layput above. If the cells are not needed for a certain row, they wikll be set to width=0.

Is that better? I don't know how else to try an explain it?

BB

I don't know of a indiviudal control that provides that capability. However, I think you could use a series of label control arrays, to accomplish the same thing. On the form place your first row with
lblColumn0(0), lblColumn1(0), lblColumn2(0), and so forth. Load additional labels into each array as the number of rows require, and you can set the width of each label individually, and use the label's click event as required. By using nested frames and a scroll bar control you could build up a nice scrollable area on the screen.

If you find this technique to be workable for your application, you may want to consider turning this into a user control.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

ANy ideas, as i've never done this before, how you nest labels inside each other?

Thanks for the advice

BB

You wouldn't need to nest the labels, is what he was saying. When you force out labels like that, you can force the top property of each to be the same, which would line them up. You can then take the next column in line and set it's left to the left+width of the previous label. This will make the appearance of a "table;" however, it will be a patch of labels side by side (or side by side, top and bottom, in this case).

The nesting that he was referring to was nesting the FRAMES (which would make the appearance of the "table." That is done by simply dragging a new frame object onto the form INSIDE of the previously placed frame.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back