Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need a sign-off slogan for my radio show! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiniMufasa

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
US
I need a sign-off slogan for my radio show and I thought the smartest and most clever group I know of is on tek-tips!! A short while back you all helped me name my home-based business. I loved all the suggestions you gave so, I am hopeful that I can tap into that creativity and genius again to come up with a sign-off slogan for a radio show that I co-host. The radio show is called "inside your business". We interview prominent business owners, CEOs, entrepenuers, and we find out what makes them successful, how they started out, and what advice these successful people would give to those who are thinking of venturing into the world of business ownership. My co-hosts and I hope to enlighten, educate, inspire and occasionally entertain our listeners. However, at the end of our show it seems that we are missing some sort of sign-off or slogan. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for being so brilliant and creative!

DGillz, Notice that the owner of this thread is MiniMufasa...she is (lucky for me) my daughter. I'm very proud of her many professional endeavors and successes. (See also, thread1256-1128199...Now a very profitable home-inventory business.)

There is live streaming audio of her 1-hour shows, Inside Your Business, if you click on the Listen Now sunburst button in the upper right corner of the radio station KTKK's link's page, on Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. (Mountain Time, GMT-7 hrs.). (She is negotiating with Clear Channel Communications, however, so their audio venue may change in the next few weeks.)

Her upcoming featured guests during November and December include:

Bob Felton (President & CEO of TenFold Corporation; former Chairman & CEO of Indus International),

Michael Loeb (President & CEO of Synapse Group of Time-Warner),

George Ross (Executive Vice President and Senior Counsel, The Trump Organization; Boardroom Judge, "The Apprentice"),

Daniel England (Chairman of the Board, C.R. England Trucking Company, world's largest refrigerated-trucking company).

Exciting stuff ! Should be fun listening (but I'm biased, I'm sure!).

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Dave:

Congratulations to your daughter. You must be very proud.

I'd be proud if mine completes high school. :S

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Dave and Mini,

My apologies, I see "Mufasa" on this board and I think of Dave.

Mini, I will listen, and best of luck.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

Dear gbaughma,

Greg said:
I'd be proud if mine completes high school. :S

I know I haven't met your daughter but think positively! Maybe your daughter is too brilliant for high school. Maybe she is an "out-of-the-box" thinker and one day she will dazzle you with an amazing and ingenious business idea then you will all have wealth beyond your wildest dreams! (I sound like a fortune from a fortune cookie!)

Dear Everybody,

Thank you for your interest in listening to my program! I would love to get feedback on the show if you get a chance.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. You are all amazing!

Sincerely,
Kristie

P.S. Thanks Dad! I love you and I am proud of you, too!

Kristie:

Ahh... the youthful optimism.... gotta love it.

My daughter is rapid-cycling bipolar, and borderline personality disorder. She's on trileptal and lithium.

She has a reading level of a 30-year old, but the social skills of a 6-year old. She is a "high risk" teen. She could burn jell-o. She doesn't have any home skills (cooking, cleaning, laundry, even how to properly make her bed.) Unfortunately, she's only been living with me for about the last year and a half; I got a call pretty much out of the blue saying "Come get her." So, I did the valiant "dad thing", and "rescued" her. Now I just get to deal with her mental health issues, before she turns 18, decides to drop out of school (she's on her 3rd time through the 10th grade), and ends up popping off at the wrong person and then ends up in the justice system as an adult.

But I'm happy... <twitch>

Just my 2¢

--Greg

[off topic]
gbaughma

I've been volunteering with children with developmental issues since 4th grade (15 years or so now) and have met a number of people in the field who try to keep up on the latest resources. If you would like I can ask around to see if there are any resources out there than may help you reach your goals.

Sorry about the off-topic, I did visit his website, but I'm probably just an idiot and I couldn't find a contact link.

[/off topic]

I had never heard yet 'burn jell-o' expression. I am not searching for it but trying to think what could that mean. I am guessing and nothing comes to me. Will have to search.

gbaughma, I appload you, it is your turn to make your kid's life worth a while! Good Luck!

Dear Greg,

Oh, man. I read your 31 Oct 06 10:09 post five times looking for a punchline. I'd give a lot to have found one.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting. I don't have children, "normal" or challenged, nor do I have any worthwhile advice as to how you might face the challenges before you.

I'm left, therefore, with lame blather. And for once in my life I'm even out of that.

Just know you and your daughter have my best wishes.

BTW: she's damn lucky to have you for a Dad.

Tim H

[blue]_______________________________________________
"Punchewation is peerioddically measured in Gigglebites."
[/blue]

The ironic part to this whole situation is that I work for a company that is a children's mental health organization (although the branch I work in is corrections, with a mental-health spin)...

When I contacted our insurance about getting my daughter a diagnostic and possibly residential treatment, I was told that it wasn't covered under my insurance.

Neither are the trips to her therapist. It comes out of my pocket.

How ironic is that?

Anyway, didn't mean to put a damper on the thread... it's nice to know that people care however. Part of the thing I love about TT, and about you folks in particular. :)

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Dear Greg,

I meant no offense when I posted my reply. Please accept my sincere apology if I offended you in any way. Thank you for sharing your personal story. I agree wholeheartedly with Tim. She is very fortunate to be with you. I must say though, I still believe she could dazzle you one day!

My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Nooooo... no offense taken to anyone here! I was just venting a litle, becuase of the irony of working for a children's mental health organization that doesn't cover their own employee's kids... hehe

Trust me, it takes a LOT more to offend me, and I didn't even see anything offensive there! :)

Just my 2¢

--Greg

I did visit his website, but ... I couldn't find a contact link.

Perhaps you should take an interest in cooking. You would need to start with recipes.

Well, the whole site is mine... but as I looked, it looks like I removed my e-mail links because of harvesting and so forth...

greg ~at~ parallel dot tzo dot com

... if anyone would like to drop me a line. :)

k5tm: How do you like the recipe page? That was my first perl code I ever wrote. :D

Just my 2¢

--Greg

gbaughma - I have a dear friend in a very similar situation. He just recently got the "Come get her" phone call. My heart goes out to you and I wish you both the best.

Minimufasa -

This has been Inside Your Business - now get back to business.
Thanks for listening - it's good for business.

...kim

Kim:

Wow... both of those are GOOD.

Kristie:
If you haven't made a decision yet, either of those two are EXCELLENT. Thought provoking, catchy, and conveys what you want.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

As I read those again, I'm *really* hooked on the second one....

"Thanks for listening - it's good for business"

Good for YOUR business, and good for THEIR business.

You couldn't ask for a more eloquent double-whammy. :)

Just my 2¢

--Greg

Kim00,

Love it!! I think we will go with "Thanks for listening - its good for business." You all are brilliant!

Thank you so much! I will use the new slogan on the show next week!

remember,
we have a meeting tommorrow
same time, same channel
inside your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back