Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I neded to fax Crystal Report using 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel1981b

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
US
I neded to fax Crystal Report using VB code. Is there way to do that using crystal ocx?
I've aready posted the same message at CrystalDecision board but gurus from that board keep silient ...[shadessad]

Thanks for any help

Quick and dirty, you may need to use Crystal ocx and Print to the fax program.
hb

Crystal report has an exporting feature. Look for a button on top of the report priview window. It will allow you to export your report in multiple types even Excel and Word and several other formats.

Regards

krshaikh thanks for your reply but I need to fax report from VB code.

Just change the current printer to the Fax printer (see the Printer object) and then print the report as you would normally do, then change the printer back to the default.

Or, in the print preview window allow the user to use the Printer Set-up icon, and then have the user change the printer to the Fax printer´and print! [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Thanks guys, your answers help me a lot but I need something else. I've already posted qustion like that but haven't not got any answer yet. May be somebody of you know the answer.
Do you know of a way to export/append multiple
crystal reports into a single rtf file from Visual Basic application? I know how to export single report to single rtf. I also know how to export multiple reports to single file manualy. I need to do it from VB using osx or dll.

Thanks a lot

Just wondering if you figured out how to do this. I have the same challenge right now. I need to be able to fax a VB report. Hopefully there is also a way to have the app auromatically feed the fax number into the routine so the user will not have to enter it.

-------------------------------------------
When you have spent all day trying to work through a problem, it is best to take a step back, reevaluate the problem, then work on the next project and never let the old one show its ugly face again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back