Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i lost my phone lines because of power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sop1989

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2018
US
does anyone know how to program norstar nortel 1993 phone system i have programs all my features but can not find how a line is designated to line 1 line 2 etc...HELP please :)

If your date has reverted back to 1993 etc, then the capacitor inside the unit has failed and every power cycle will default the phone system back to factory settings.

Programming is done via a terminal phone and this can be different depending on the Norstar system version as there were many models produced. It might be easier to post a photo on what you have.

I've found an old guide that might apply to you.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING I WAS ABLE TO WRITE ALL THE FEATURE CODES DOWN FOR THE RIGHT HAND SIDE BUT ONCE WE STARTED THE LEFT AFTER **266344 PW (DEFAULT 266344) FEATURE 3 A. CONFIGURATION I COULDNT WRITE ANYTHING BECAUSE HE WAS RUSHING OUT OF TOWN AND THAT WHY I HAVE NO SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE TODAY (HE WONT BE BACK TIL MONDAY!) UGHHH SO MY PH LINES (3-12) ARE NOT PROGRAMED) AND I HAVENT COPIED THE ADMIN FROM MY PH. CAN YOU ASSIST?? PLEASE :)

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=80547c81-c6dd-425a-9b7e-8a617566ef6c&file=0000136_nortel-m7324-phone_600.jpg
Try calling another vendor.

You need to know how to navigate and we do not train people on forums.

You can also search and read "Norstar 8X24 Installer Guide" and look for line programming "Line Access" in Configuration.

Heading_____Show
Back________Next

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back